Friday, September 9, 2011

Wasting away again in Margaritaville

Tips for sucessful weight loss in college:

1. If it's been fried, stay away. Once a week is okay, but no more than that. This includes fried chicken sandwiches, french fries, and chicken nuggets. [This is surprisingly a pretty easy goal to meet!]

2. Stay away from high fat foods at the dining hall. [This year I have been checking the online dining hall menu before every meal to find low fat foods. I was shocked when the majority of foods there have 10+ grams of fat per serving. I'm much more conscious of the food choices I make there. Instead of picking things that I think will just taste good, I go for the things that are good for me. :) ]

3. Lots of water! This means no sodas, teas, or coffee. [This has been an easy for me because I hopped on the water train this past summer. I can drink water day in and day out and it's the best :). There have been a few late nights and early mornings that I grabbed a caffeinated drink on the way to class, but I'm doing really good sticking to water everywhere else!]

4. Live on the opposite side of campus from your classes! [This tip is mostly about walking. I happen to live on the opposite side of campus from ALL of my classes. So everyday I am walking at least 1.75 miles just to get to class, sometimes I do it twice. It is true that I have a bicycle now and I ride that to class sometimes, but have I mentioned how hilly campus is? :D]

5. Stay positive. Keep it up! You can do it! [Even if people aren't saying anything directly to you, they sure are noticing your new fabulousness.]



I realized it had been awhile again since I'd last blogged. College life gets hectic, especially when you attend an NCAA football school and happen to be in the marching band.

I've been feeling kind of discouraged and stagnating for awhile now. But then I have to start thinking about the numbers and everything doesn't seem so bad.

I started this journey at 228 pounds. Right now, I weigh 195! That's a different of 33 pounds! Holy shiznit, that's a lot!

Most mornings I still don't feel any different. I still feel like that really fat girl that everybody is friends with cause she's kind of funny. And then I put on a tank top that shows off my skinny waist and I feel amazing again.

I need more clothes that make me feel amazing. Wearing the same bulky clothes that I had to wedge myself into 30 pounds ago isn't very inspiring. I see a shopping trip or two in the future.

Love and kisses and lots if inspiration,

the Bob

P.S. Today's title is a throwback to our first marching show of the season which was Beach Music and Jimmy Buffet inspired.

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME job on the 33 lbs gone! That's amazing!!

    College is awesome--I miss the fun days! Although I ate like crap in college which is what got me to the point where I had to really reevaluate my decisions! Wish I would've read this post back then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pssst, teas are fine . . its all about what you put in them!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol sorry it's Mary!!! KEEP IT UP BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete