Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 1

Breakfast - SK double chocolate protein meal bar, banana, peach

Snack - SK snack bar chocolate chip cookie

Lunch - Ruby Tuesday's biscuit, 1/2 hamburger, sliced tomatoes

Snack - 6 Rosemary and herb triscuts

Dinner - 1 cup SK Red Berries, 2/3 cup Greek yogurt, 1 cup skim milk, 1 peach


So I kind of bleh day overall. M got up early to go to G and P's to clean. She wanted C and me to go along and keep G company while she cleaned. I kind of hoped C wouldn't get up and go with us cause I wanted some time to talk to M about the diet and exercising stuff. But C got up and went with us anyway.

Kind of bleh. I chunked down breakfast before we left and packed my snacks to take with me. Breakfast made me feel sick, up till like 2 hours later when I finally had snack. I'm not one to usually eat breakfast especially right after waking up. I ate the snack bar at G's next to C.  She looked at me and asked "What is that?" I showed her it was a SK snack bar and told her it was kind of like a Rice Crispy Treat. She wrinkled her nose up and goes "How much FAT is in that?" I shrugged and checked the label, 1.5 grams. Last night, I read a lot of reviews and stuff about the SK challenge. It's a low fat diet, of course the snack bars are going to be low-fat duh. It just bothers me how condescending C is sometimes.

That and I talked to M last night about today. She wanted to eat for lunch, so that meant breakfast and dinner I would have SK. And now M is all huffy because I'm not cooking dinner or wanting to go out to eat. No wonder it's so hard to stick to a diet, no support. And now I feel guilty cause Mum's going to have a sannich for dinner.


Took a break from blogging to go outside and talk to M. I still wanted to go for a run today. I talked to her last night. The bike is inaccessible for awhile so I'll have to stick to running everyday. M told me she would run or at least walk with me. She went on a short run with me. She had to stop before I did. I ran about 1/4 mile down the road and then walked back some and ran back some. The run itself was nice and tiring. I haven't run anywhere in a good while. I know it wasn't very far, but I've never been one to run before now. I came back in and had some more water. The plan is to run every day. In a few days I'll be able to run farther. I know tomorrow will be harder cause I won't want to run.

I did have a good inspirational think today. In the car I was thinking about running. I don't really like to run anywhere. But last night I was looking at some other weight-loss blogs and some girl's goal was to run a marathon. M had brought up awhile ago that K runs marathons all the time and she wanted to eventually run one with him. I kept thinking that if I start running, one day I could run a marathon with him or in general. And I would be fit then and everybody in my family would look at me and be proud of me. Not that they aren't proud of me now...they would just probably be more proud of me.

I did tell C about the SK challenge tonight. She actually seemed really positive about it. That was a really nice surprise! I'm hoping this continues, lots of positive response and encouragement.

Yay for keeping up with my goals! I haven't been really hungry today except for right at meal times, they were a bit skewed with traveling to G and P's but it was fine. Goals for tomorrow: run down the road at least as far as I did today, drink 2 nalgene bottles of water or more, eat special k for two meals, have two snacks, have one nicely portioned meal.

That's it for today folks.
Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment