Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 1/2

Okay readers. I've finally done it. The Special K diet. You can roll your eyes and bemoan life. Tell me how it doesn't work and eating cereal is blech. This is stuff I already know. But I'm ready for a change, something different.

I've tried several diets before, and they just didn't work for me. I've tried the South Beach Diet (not really, something M forced upon the family when I was in middle school and gave me this terrible self-image of being really fat), the 3-hr diet, and well just using various other dieting techniques. Nothing has really stuck with me.  I cut out soda's awhile back.While at school I drink a healthy amount of water. Now I'm home for the summer and things aren't going as well.

Foodwise, I love to cook. Watching the food network is total inspiration to try new things and cook like never before. I love to buy all kinds of fresh and whole ingredients to make my own homemade dishes.

So I'm doing this Special K Challenge. I figure it's for two weeks and it's fairly simple. Two bowls of cereal or meal bars. Two snacks. One Regular Meal. Something I can handle. It's how we eat at my house anyway. You're on your own for breakfast and lunch (unless we go out to eat). Then C or I make dinner (or we go out to eat, but since C and I both love to cook, more cooking has been happening lately).

I officially start the day tomorrow but I'm going to also record everything I eat. It's really important for me to write and keep track of what's going on. So here's today's list (baring I don't eat anything else...maybe some fruit. Or water. I've heard if you drink a glass of water that helps if you get nommy and don't want to eat anything before bed. This could be lies. M told me this.)

Breakfast - Yoohoo, Reese' Peanut Butter Egg, and a Peach


Lunch - 1/2 Baked Ziti al Forno at Olive Garden, 1 plate salad, 2 breaksticks with alfredo


Snack - Chocolate Chip Cookie (?) Special K bar [Side note: this was okay. It was about like eating a chocolate Rice Crispy treat. Meh, but chocolately.]


Dinner - Cracker Barrel veggie plate, carrots, green beans, turnip greens, and mac n cheese, 1 1/2 biscuits with butter and apple butter


Later Snack - who knows yet? Maybe another peach, we have a lot of those




Already I'm kind of feeling discouraged. D especially doesn't seem too keen about this. Fam is notorious for buying cereal and then not eating it. He looked at the grocery bags today and goes, "Who is going to eat this?" M replied that I would and it was for the Special K diet. He scoffed. Not a great start =/


I'm hoping to also be more active. I'm not really sure how to do this. I'm terrible at most sports. I don't like running, though side note: I have lots of dreams where I'm running, fast, free and amazing. There's no pain or shortness of breath, I'm just running past and feel amazing. When I wake up from these dreams I always want to go running but I don't think it ever happens. I should start running right? And other physical activites around the house? Well there aren't a whole lot. I should try and get the exercise bike out of storage. I hated it when it was in the fam room at the old house. Maybe I will feel more inspired to use it now that I want to change.


And I really do. I want to change things about my body and how I look. I don't think I need a nose job or anything like that. I'm just...really overweight. I keep thinking, I can lose all this weight and find adorable clothes that fit me. I know my bones aren't going to get any smaller so I will always be a certain size, but I'd like to be a few sizes back where I used to be.


My long-term goal in mind, over a year or so is to lose 50 pounds. Current;y, I weight 228lbs and I'm 5'10".

The slightly less long-term goal is to lose 20 lbs. If I loose 20 lbs, my BMI will say that I am no longer obese. I really really really want to not be obese.


My short-term goal is to lose 6 lbs and start a work out schedule. I want to keep to this strict SK (Special K from now on will be abbreviated. And there was much rejoicing. Ho-ray) and start exercising to show myself and other people that I really mean business. I feel like if I can accomplish this, I will feel more enthused about changing my lifestyle and being a better me.

For tomorrow, I will talk to M about bringing the bike in the house (or putting it somewhere useable, we might have a trial finding it). I will eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner. With plenty of fruits (and prolly some veggies) with the meals and with snacks. I will also drink at least...2 bottles of water (the big Nalgene bottle's worth, that's 32 ounces times 2, so 64 ounces of water). I will spend time tomorrow envisioning me fitting back...into my SR prom dress. It only just doesn't fit. I would really love to wear it to Rocky Horror sometime because it is the PERFECT Mrs. Lovitt dress.

I've read different diet books. And I think the best thing I can do is to mediate everyday on being that new slimmer me. I think I should start doing the yoga on the wii again. That way I can learn the routines and spend the time meditating on looking better and feeling rejuvenated.

I haven't told C about this undertaking yet. I'm afraid she might try to mock me or give me that "What stupid thing are you doing now? look." I did tell M about it though. She is also trying to lose some weight (though not SK diet). We'll have to work together I think. I'll need all the support I can get. I'm just afraid my close people will do more to discourage me and get me down rather than encourage and support.

Hmm..I'm really hungry right now, going to get a peach and some water.

Well, I think I've said everything I need to tonight.

I'll see you tomorrow friends!
Love, Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment