Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 6

Can I just take a moment to say I weighed myself this morning and the scale said 220.4lbs! Seriously! I was elated I nearly jumped up and down. As long as I keep working hard and don't give up, I could never see 230 again! (234 being my heaviest recorded weight). What an exciting day!

Other than that I slept really late, whoops. I couldn't fall asleep last night and then when I almost did, I kept hearing this rustling noise. I turned on the light to see if it was a cat and it was a COCKROACH!  Like a giant sized cockroach. I was so freaked out I climbed in bed with M and slept with her for the rest of the night. Ugh, gives me the heebiejeebies! I didn't get a chance to catch/kill the thing so now I'm afraid to do very much in my room for fear of finding the darn bug again.

Lunch - SK double chocolate protein meal bar, banana

Dinner - Homemade pot-stickers with cabbage, onions and carrots, asian salad (lettuce, cabbage and potsticker filling mixed with scratch asian sauce), and 3oz cooked chicken breast

Snack - Skinny Cow Mint Truffle Bar (omg these are still amazing!)

Snack - 1 cup watermelon

So I forgot to eat a snack between lunch and dinner, whoops! I got soo busy with helping change the sink faucet, making the watermelon rind pickles, trying to plan dinner, and trying to plan tonight's youth church activity/lesson. Busy busy day. By the time I was stuffing and sealing the pot-stickers for dinner I realized I was super hungry and it was because I hadn't eaten since lunch!

But I made my watermelon pickles and they came out so super fabulous. I'm sure they're not very good for me, but one every once in a while won't hurt. They're just too tasty! If you've never heard of watermelon pickles, you NEED to check them out. Find a recipe and make some! It requires a little bit of work but really pays off in the end.

I also made pot-stickers for the first time ever today! I had watched Alton Brown do it and thought, "Hey I can do that!" I sliced cabbage, onions, and carrots super thin and cooked them down with a dash of olive oil, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Then I stuffed the pot-stickers and cooked them according to his directions. They turned out fab! I even made some dipping sauce for them. I also cooked chicken breast and made an easy Asian salad to go with dinner. I feel like it was a semi-healthy meal. Super tasty though! I think I ate too much, hee!

I have church on Wednesday nights so I ran kind of late tonight. The sun had already gone down so I was running in the dusky twilight-ness. It was a nice run. I ran for a good stretch before I ever had to take a walk break. After that though, I don't feel like my run was as productive. I ran about as much as yesterday, but I don't think I had the same level of intensity. Also, I would run for a short bit and then have to talk a walking break. I even yawned the entire way through the run. I'm surprised I didn't catch any bugs in my mouth as wide as it was open most of the time! I'm hopping tomorrow's run goes better.

Water! I gotta drink more of it! The last couple days I haven't been drinking as much water. This is not a good thing! I need to make sure I'm sipping throughout the day and drinking two glasses with meals.

So that makes two things to work on for tomorrow: running harder/longer durations of running and more water.

I bought a box of Cinnamon Pecan SK cereal. I'm very hopeful and excited about trying something. M has been on a cinnamon kick lately. She said if I didn't like it then she'd eat the rest. I'm kind of hoping it tastes awesome since the Chocolate was such a disappointment. Maybe I can do something with the cereal, like make cereal bars with them. I'll have to do some research into this and report back what I find!

Stay classy!
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment