Thursday, July 7, 2011

Don't Bring Around A Cloud to Rain....

Oh dear. The summer rains have started.

I walked yesterday with mum. I got half a lap in and turned around for my second half lap with the thunder and stormy clouds above. M went back to the house. I told her I'd run home if it stared raining. Halfway through my half lap, some lightning struck too close for my comfort. I started running home and it started pouring. I was running towards the rain and had to hold my glasses and squint to make sure I didn't get hit by a car or anything. I got home and was soaked. It was kind of awful.

Today it rained even before I could set out on any walking. Though we did go grocery shopping today and I did a bit of walking there, lol.

Running in the rain, I think I overtaxed some joints in my knees and ankles. They're not feeling too good today. I'm hoping the rain lets up tomorrow and my joints feel better so I can at least get a good long walk in even if I can't run.

Sad clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment