Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jump in the line!

Good day today!

You know how when things are going bad, people tell you to get some perspective? Well I think today I got some perspective.

I was feeling particularly lethargic today with nothing to do and no plans besides church tonight (that I had planned to get out of). I had the family room all to myself and decided, hey, why the hell not exercise now? So I did!

Even better, I started out by getting on the wiifit. In the 10 days since I've played last, I've lost 5 lbs. I'm still around 204, but this was a great reminder of all my hard work! Despite feeling like I'm not doing anything, I really am and it shows!

I followed that up with the Best Butt Fast video, which kicked my butt today! I've been writing down everything I eat to keep a handle on my snacking. I didn't have enough quick carbs in my system and I could feel myself shutting down halfway through, so I stopped for juice and finished up my workout!

Feeling rather energized and like a winner, I decided to go with mum to a church event which was an event hosted by a summer ministries team at another church. While there, we sang praise songs and heard about the group's experience. To be honest, it made me feel quite inadequate as I've done nothing all summer.

At the end though, they gave us the list of events they're doing in the next week and a half that we (the people who showed up) can get involved in! There's a kids camp next week in the mornings that they need help with, and that's practically right up my alley! It's in a place I know and they'll be people my age running the event. I felt really drawn to doing this event. I've been wanting to volunteer all summer and just never had an opportunity come to me.

So I talked to the lady afterwords and filled out the background check form. I'll be there every morning next week!

The anxious part of me is already freaking out. What will I wear? What will everybody else be wearing? Jeans and tees or should I try to look cute? What if it rains (as this event is outside)? I'm driving so where do I park? What if I get lost? What if they're not friendly?

I've been really inspired by reading other blogs lately to go and do things that scare me and try new things. This is my new and scary thing to try!

And I don't just mean getting up at 7 every morning. o.o

Wish me luck you guys! I'm nervous and excited! Ready for my summer away from school to go out with a big impact, in my life and other's!

And then it's packing and moving again!

2 comments:

  1. Where are you moving to?

    And YES! I love that you are getting out of your comfort zone and trying new things. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll just be moving back to the dorm I live in at college. Boring I know, but I'm excited to finally make use of the gym at school!

    ReplyDelete