Saturday, July 9, 2011

Her face is a map of the world

Today, M went to go get her hair cut. She likes me to go with her to Cost Cutters to sit and wait with her and then see the results when she's done. I like to go and look at their OPI nail polish selection. It's been a few weeks since M has been (she tends to go every 6 weeks, lately more). Instead of sitting inside to wait, I walked around the shopping center in the hot sun, hotness. I got a little more sweaty that my liking, but I at least got some walking in instead of sitting on my bum waiting.

I came back just as M was getting done. The same lady always cuts M's hair and she knows us pretty well by now. When I got back looking kind of hot, she asked if I had been out running or something. I just told her I been walking around the shopping center. She was like yay for getting exercising in. (M has been telling her about our walking and Salon Lady has been trying to loose weight too.) She looked me up and down and then told me she could tell it was working. I looked nice and that I used to be "thick".

Now I know that was supposed to be a compliment and everything, but the only thing I heard in that entire statement was "Damn you used to be fat. At least you're doing something about it now." I'm not one to usually focus on the negative in situations, I try to be positive and think of the fun in everything.

I knew comments like this would happen if I lost weight. Things like, how much better I look now and good I look. To me, it feels like a slap in the face. Like I was just ugly and fat before and no one said anything.

It's like this little cycle of negative feelings. To get myself out of the depressive spiral, I am going to remember five positives everyday to remind myself of how awesome I am and how much awesome-r I'm getting!

Five Positives:
1. I fit into a lot of gorgeous clothes I never thought I would wear again
2. I have WAY MORE energy to walk around and move!
3. I get to spend quality time with M during the walk/runs
4. I will be more fit and fabulous for marching band season
5. My body feels awesome!

Did I mention I went to Old Navy today? I was wearing a Size 16 at Old Navy and I know their sizes run larger than most stores. They had a fab sale today. I picked up a skirt for $6.50! I grabbed a size 14 since I knew I've lost weight (my size 16 jeans from Old Navy are falling off me!). I wasn't really expecting the skirt to fit quite yet but I went to try it on anyway to see how far away I was from the skirt fitting.

Surprise surprise. The skirt fit! I went out and told M I had good news and bad news. The good news? The skirt fit. The bad news? None of my size 16 skirts from Old Navy probably fit anymore. Oh well :)

That just made me feel fabulous!

Friday Favourites:
1.OPI Muppets Nail Collection Sneaks
2. Custom Printed Yoga Mats (Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Dino yoga mats! Too bad its $85 bucks a pop!)
3. Sweet Tomatoes
4. Self - Your Best Butt, Fast! Workout
5. Dino Vandelism

Have a great weekend, chicos!

No comments:

Post a Comment